We have to consider the scope of biotechnology in all over the world, then we have to cover the biotechnology scope in India and what the future of biotechnology. if you have to think about Biotechnology career or you have already Bio-technologist, don’t worry scope of biotechnology have in huge demand, but in India there is startup, according to the requirement, then the Future of Biotechnology always has in huge demand and this time biotechnology scope in India have growth rate is very high.
I always think whenever you go to the mall, or market you will see that you see all types of vegetables and fruits without their season. this is really amazing but this is not a magic but this is because of science and technology. Science makes us things easier and the name of this technology is Biotechnology. It is not a new term but this technology used for from 10000 years. the carrier option of Biotechnology is increasing day by day. So I suggest learning more about Biotechnology and the scope of biotechnology.
What is Biotechnology ? | BIO & Department of Biotechnology
Biotechnology is a branch of science in which it is a mixture of biology and technology. In this technique, we use living organisms to improve plants and animals breed. So biotechnology is a branch which makes a new and better product for our life. therefore it can be new plants breed or better agriculture to provide better fruits and vegetables or to improve animals breed.
In 1973, Stanley Cohen and Herbert Boyer discovered complement DNA, and after that Biotechnology companies are ready to build up. The credit of Biotechnology goes to Karl Ereky which gives its name to Biotechnology in 1919 and in India it Biotechnology started by Kiran Majoomdar Show, who is the founder of the world-famous company Biocon.
Have many types of Biotechnology, Branches / Department of Biotechnology like:-
- Blue Biotechnology: it is related to marine and aquatic applications of biotechnology.
- Green Biotechnology: it is related to agriculture applications.
- Red Biotechnology: it is related to medical applications.
- White Biotechnology: it is related to industrial applications.
- Yellow biotechnology: it is related to food production.
- Gray biotechnology: it is dedicated to environmental applications, and they are focused on the maintenance of biodiversity and the remotion of pollutants.
- Brown biotechnology: it is related to the management of arid lands and deserts.
- Violet biotechnology: it is related to law, ethical and philosophical issues around biotechnology.
- Dark biotechnology: it is the color associated with biological weapons or bioterrorism and biowarfare which uses microorganisms, and toxins to cause diseases and death in humans, livestock, and crops.
we have to consider Biotechnology beaches/Department of Biotechnology, The use of biotechnology in the industry are in production, genetic test and to develop new medicines and we achieve a lot, we discovered new medicine which can be available everywhere and the price of there is also low, and by the use of biotechnology.
we improve the medical filed and found many deadly diseases and it plays an important role in agriculture fields also in which can grow agriculture faster and keeps healthy. then in other countries Future of Biotechnology or biotechnology scope in India has brighter.
Biotechnology eligibility Criteria
when we have to already now biotechnology scope in India, Now we can learn what type of courses are available in biotechnology & Biotechnology Eligibility Criteria: After 10th class, you can apply in it, as it has so many courses after 10th like diploma courses, and the duration of this course is 3 years but you have to pass state level entrance exam.
if you have an interest in science then only you can apply in biotechnology because if we are not ready to compensate in research, experiment and discoveries then there is no need in this field and if you will do undergraduate courses like then BTECH, BCA, etc your course duration is 3 years.
Basic Biotechnology eligibility Criteria
Any candidate with an undergraduate degree from a 10+2+3 system with at least 55% marks in:
- Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary & Fishery Sciences,
- 4-Years BS (Physician Assistant Course);
- OR Medicine (MBBS) OR BDS
Advanced Biotechnology eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria: If we talk about the postgraduate course then you can do a course like MTECH, MCA, etc. if you do this then you are a master in biotechnology.
Biotechnology career opportunities
Today Biotechnology career opportunities have more scale because the resources are less and the population is more then you have to make a brighter biotechnology carrier and build more opportunities, After the course, you can choose your field in biotechnology like medical writing, healthcare center, animal care, research laboratories, food manufacturing, agriculture sector, IT companies and pharmaceutical companies, etc,
What is the future of biotechnology and its scope?
Yes of course, In India or Worldwide, Biotechnology scope has brighter, if you have done a diploma then the job option is in environmental technicians, pharmaceutical research centers, biological supply manufacturers and clinical laboratories, etc. When Biotechnology career opportunities have a large scale in the future, you have to make a brighter career in Biotechnology. then biotechnology scope in India has in huge demand or future of biotechnology have brighter.
You have to find Biotechnology jobs in various quarters:
- Drug and pharmaceutical research
- Public funded laboratories
- Environment control
- Waste management
- Food processing
- Bio-processing industries
Biotechnology career opportunities in advanced: If you graduate in biotechnology then job options are laboratory assistant, biotechnology expert, sales manager, business development executive, and professor, etc have multiple options.
If you complete post graduate in biotechnology then multiple options in a job are microbiological expert, biologist, geneticist, immunologist, molecular biologist, bio-analytic chemist, environmental chemist, and pharmacologist and if you can complete PhD. in biotechnology
When you can become a biotechnology researcher, process engineer, clinical processor manager, lead biological consultant, research scientist, etc. then the biotechnology scope in India or other countries has in huge demand then already have a more Biotechnology career opportunities have more or future of biotechnology have brighter.
If we talk about Biotechnology salary then it can depend on your course and experience. some of the most famous companies who work for biotechnology are Biocon Limited, Indian Immunological Limited(IIL), Wockhardt, Transasia Bio-Medical, Primal Group, and Sarem Institute of India Limited. and have more than 350 companies in biotechnology.
You can make your life better by doing this type of course after you have to gain more experience in this field Biotechnology salary have improved according to your knowledge. this time Biotechnology salary in India have similar to the regular job but according to the requirement or knowledge you have to improve your Biotechnology salary. then the biotechnology scope in India has in huge demand with min to the high package they have to depend on your qualifications or future of biotechnology have brighter.
This is the list of Top 15 biotechnology colleges in India after 12th
|No.||Name of the College/Institute||City|
|1||Indian Institute Of Technology||Kharagpur|
|2||Indian Institute Of Technology||Roorkee|
|3||Vellore Institute Of Technology||Vellore|
|4||Indian Institute Of Technology, Guwahati||Guwahati|
|5||National Institute Of Technology, Warangal||Warangal|
|6||PSG College Of Technology||Coimbatore|
|7||National Institute Of Technology, Durgapur||Durgapur|
|8||Manipal Institute Of Technology||Manipal|
|9||BMS College of Engineering||Bengaluru|
|10||Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology||Hyderabad|
|11||PES Institute of Technology||Bengaluru|
|13||National Institute of Technology, Raipur||Raipur|
Biotechnology colleges in India after 12th
Some Institutes Offering M.Sc Biotechnology behalf All India Combined Entrance Test:-
- MS University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- University of Jammu, Jammu
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Kumaun University, Nainital
- University of North Bengal, Siliguri
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
- University of Pune, Pune
- University of Allahabad, Allahabad
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Calicut University, Kerala
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore
- Goa University, Goa
- Punjabi University, Patiala
- R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur
- Sardar Patel University, Gujarat
- Tezpur University, Tezpur (Assam)
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan
- Gulbarga University, Gulbarga
- Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- University of Lucknow, Lucknow