Highlights of Apple WWDC 2021, June 8 Apple today announced iOS 15 to further enhance the iPhone experience through powerful feature updates. iOS 15 makes FaceTime video calls more natural. SharePlay launches the sharing experience. Manages notifications in a new way to help users stay focused. Whereas through photos and searches gets information more intelligently. The Maps app just launched a great new way to explore the world. The redesigned Weather app displays data in full-screen mode and more images. The Wallet app adds support for family keys and ID documents. The new tab page bar design and label page group for the Safari browser further simplifies the online experience. iOS 15 also includes new privacy control options for Siri, Mail, and other aspects of the system to further protect user information.
At Apple WWDC 2021: More natural FaceTime video calling and sharing experience via SharePlay
FaceTime Video Calls helps users to easily contact the most important people. With iOS 15, conversations with friends and family will be more natural. With spatial audio, this is what FaceTime video calls sound like. As such it comes from the character’s position on the screen, and the new microphone mode can separate the user’s voice from background noise. Inspired by the stunning portrait photos taken by the iPhone, FaceTime video calls now support “Portrait” mode. Specifically designed for video calls. Where users can focus on themselves while blurring the background.
The great Portrait mode in the Camera app is now optimized for FaceTime video calls.
Now, when users make FaceTime video calls with friends. So they can share their experience through shareplay. That includes listening to songs with Apple Music, watching movies and TV shows together, or sharing the screen to view app content. SharePlay can be used on iPhone, iPad and Mac. By sharing playback controls, anyone participating in a SharePlay session can play, pause, or jump.
While making FaceTime video calls, SharePlay allows users to easily listen to songs on Apple Music simultaneously.
FaceTime video calls can also be extended to devices other than Apple. All you need to do is create a link via iPhone, iPad or Mac and share it via Messages, Calendar, Mail or third-party apps. So that anyone can access web pages of Android and Windows devices. The browser joins the FaceTime video call. FaceTime video calls on the web maintain end-to-end encryption. Hence the privacy of the user will not be compromised.
With SharePlay, users can share experiences with friends while making FaceTime video calls. That includes watching TV shows or movies together on Apple TV or watching apps together via Screen Sharing.
Tools to stay focused
At WWDC 2021, Apple iOS 15 released powerful tools to help users focus and reduce distractions. Focus Mode is a new feature that can filter notifications and apps based on the focus needs of the users. To stay focused, users can set the device by creating a custom focus mode or by selecting a suggested focus mode. The latter will use device-side smart technology to suggest people and apps that can send notifications to the user. Focus mode recommendations are based on the user’s environment. such as working hours or bedtime. Set Focus Mode on the Apple device and it will automatically be applied to the user’s other Apple devices. Users can use apps and widgets to create a dedicated home screen page. Only display related apps when they need to stay focused, and to reduce distraction. When the user is in focus mode and enters a notification. So their status will be automatically presented in the notification app, it shows. that the user cannot be contacted at this time.
By using custom or suggested “focus” (such as “work” or “sleep”), you can help users filter notifications and reduce distractions.
Apple WWDC 2021: New notification experience
The redesigned notification adds contact photos and a larger app icon to make it easier for users to recognize. To reduce distraction, the new notification summary aggregates non-urgent information. Those are dispatched at more appropriate times, such as morning and evening. Through device-side smart technology and based on the user’s interaction with the app, notifications will be organized according to priority, and the most relevant notifications will be promoted to the top. Urgent information will be delivered immediately. Hence the important conversations will not be included in the notification summary. In addition, users can easily mute an app or notification dialog for the next hour or day.
The new notification will have larger app icons for easier identification, and a new notification summary as well.
Device-side smart technology drives live text, better focused search and more
Live Text recognizes text in photos through smart technology on the device side. so that the user can work. For example, users can search and find photos of handwritten family recipes, or capture the phone numbers of stores in photos, and choose whether or not to call. With the help of Apple’s Neural Network Engine, the Camera app can also quickly recognize and copy current text. Such as the Wi-Fi password displayed in a coffee shop. Through image queries, users can learn more about popular artworks and landmarks around the world. One can find types of plants and flowers found in nature, and pets, and even books.
Now, Focus Search can search for pictures by location, person, scene or object through smart technology. Through Live Text, Focus Search can find text and handwritten content in photos. FocusSearch now provides massive web image search and related information about actors, musicians, TV shows and movies. Improved Contacts search results can display recent conversations and shared photos. If the other party is sharing his/her location in the Find app, the user can also know his/her location information.
The memory function in the Photos app has been introduced in the biggest update, with a new look and interactive interface. It incorporates Apple Music, and uses device-side smart technology to optimize song recommendations. So that memories can be reproduced clearly. .
LiveText uses device-side smart technology to recognize text and enhance the Photos app experience.
Focus Search can now search for pictures by location, person, scene and object.
New Safari browser experience
At Apple WWDC 2021, The redesigned Safari browser eases one-handed controls and highlights the content you’re viewing. The New Tab page bar is compact, floating at the bottom of the screen. Which makes it easy for users to switch between tab pages. Tab groups allow users to save tabs and access them easily at any time on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. New features like a customizable start page and web extensions on iOS make the Safari browser more personal and powerful.
The redesigned Safari browser features a new tab bar and tab groups. Which provides a better web browsing experience.
Explore the world with Maps App
Apple is committed to making the best maps in the world, and iOS 15’s new navigation and exploration methods take Maps a step further. Users can feel That the city’s surrounding areas, commercial areas, elevations, buildings, new street colors and signs, and custom-designed landmarks have been significantly enhanced, and a night mode with moonlight has also been provided. Explore the world in a new way with the Maps app.
Maps app brings a brand new city navigation and exploration experience with more realistic and colorful details.
When using iPhone or CarPlay car navigation, new road details in the Maps app can help users better see and understand important details like steering lanes, central separation belts, cycle lanes, and crosswalks. Which brings three-dimensionality to the users. City driving experience. Bus passengers can more easily find nearby stops and mark common routes. The Maps app automatically follows the selected traffic route. Notifies the user about arrival at the destination, and passengers can also use the Apple Watch to keep track of movement. With iOS 15, users only need to lift the iPhone, and the Maps app can generate highly accurate locations and provide detailed walking navigation through augmented reality.
With iOS 15, users only need to lift the iPhone, and “Maps” can generate highly accurate locations and provide detailed walking navigation through augmented reality.
New keys and ID documents added to Wallet app
At Apple WWDC 2021, The Wallet app adds support for more major types. Which makes it possible to enter daily locations with just one click. Last summer, Apple introduced the Digital Car Key, and BMW became the first car company to support Apple’s Digital Car Key. This allows users to unlock the car with a single tap. This year, digital car keys are more complete with support for ultra-wideband technology, and users can now safely start unlocked and supported cars without taking their mobile phone out of their pocket or bag. Users can use the iPhone to unlock home, office, and even hotel rooms with a key stored in the Wallet app.
ID documents in the Wallet app are encrypted and stored in a secure entity. This is hardware technology. Which makes Apple Pay private and secure.
Home and hotel keys and ID cards can now be inserted into the Wallet app, and daily locations can be unlocked with a single tap.
New Privacy Features
At Apple WWDC 2021, iOS 15 introduced more privacy control options to protect user information. Through device-side voice recognition, the voice requested by Siri is now fully processed on the iPhone by default, and performance has been greatly improved. Email privacy protection prevents the sender from knowing it. hides when the recipient opened the email, and the IP address, so the sender cannot verify the user’s location. Or the user cannot use the location to create the profile. The App Privacy Report describes how the app used a given location, photo, camera, microphone and contact access permissions over the past seven days, and which domains it communicates with.
App Privacy Protection provides more details on this. How the app uses the given access rights.
Redesigned weather app and memo app
At Apple WWDC 2021, “Weather” includes more graphical displays of weather data, full-screen maps, and dynamic layouts, and will change accordingly according to specific conditions. The beautifully designed animated background more accurately reflects the position of the sun and rainfall, and notifications will be sent when the rain starts and ends.
The redesigned Weather App has data and layout that change with the situation, such as heavy rain.
The Memo App adds user-created tags so that users can quickly categorize memos; The “@ment me” function allows members who share memos to notify each other of important updates. The new Activity View allows users to view recent history in shared memos.
The Memo App has added a “User Created” tab to quickly categorize related content.
- Siri has added functions such as broadcast notifications to the AirPods. By broadcasting notifications, users can listen to the notifications that appear on the screen by simply issuing voice commands.
- The Share With system will find shared articles, music, TV series, photos, etc. in the Info app conversation, and easily push content to the Photos app, Safari browser, Apple Music, and Podcasts apps. which it will become. The app can quickly access shared content.
- iCloud+ not only integrates iCloud features that users love. but also offers new high-quality features. Including hidden email addresses, HomeKit secure video extension service and the innovative online privacy service iCloud Private Relay. All at no extra cost. Existing iCloud subscribers will automatically upgrade to iCloud+ after this fall. All iCloud+ plans can be shared with members of the Family Sharing group, and each member can enjoy the new features, storage plans, and upgrade experience provided by the service.
- The Health app has added a new sharing tab. Users can share their health data with family members, caregivers or care teams. Through trend analysis, users can note meaningful changes in individual health indicators, and “walking stability” is a new one. Indicators help people actively manage their risk of falls.
- HomeKit accessory makers can now carry “Hey Siri” into their products, and users can talk to Siri and get feedback on third-party devices. “Hey Siri” enabled accessories can send requests through the HomePod or HomePod Mini, and support functions such as private requests, broadcasts, timers, and alarms. Starting today, smart home device makers can work with Apple to incorporate Siri into their accessories.
- Search app has introduced a new feature. Which can be used to detect devices that have been turned off or wiped. If family members or friends choose to share their location. So they can get their real-time location as well. When users drop AirTag, Apple devices, or accessories that support network discovery in an unfamiliar location. So the missing reminder will be notified, and Find Network now supports AirPods Pro and AirPods Max. The new search widget can provide a quick view directly on the home screen.
- The translation app adds the function of live translation, which makes communication between different languages natural and intuitive. The system-level translation function allows users to translate text anywhere on the iPhone.
- When the iPhone is enabled, the new iPhone settings make the experience more seamless than ever. Existing iPhone users can temporarily back up data to iCloud, and even easily transfer data to a new iPhone without a subscription. For first-time iPhone users, the “Transfer to iOS” experience is further improved. You can easily transfer photo albums, files, folders and accessibility settings. So that you can feel that you see iPhone at first sight.
- The accessibility of the iPhone has been expanded with the new narration function. This allows users to explore more information about people, text, table data, and other objects in the picture. To support neural diversity, the new ambient sound can reduce noise as much as possible. For the deaf or hard of hearing, Made for iPhone supports new two-way hearing aids. Customizes voice command switching controls. Thereby the user can make mouth sounds to control the device. In addition, users can now set the display content and text size of each app individually. Apple will also add support for Audiogram for the headphone adjustment function. An audiogram refers to a chart. which shows the results of a hearing test.
The music users shared in the Information App is now displayed in the new Share with You tab of Apple Music.
The Health app has added a new sharing tab, where users can share their health data with family members, caregivers, or care teams.
System-wide translation allows users to translate text anywhere on the iPhone.